Apart of the delicious flavour of Lentils they provide a big amount of iron and fibre, they are really good for children and everybody. They are now more chilly and is time to start making hot soups to enjoy at home. Your loved ones deserve the best, is worthy to make the time to give them healthy food. You can prepare the veggies the previous night keep in a glass container (do not use plastic) ready to use next day,it will save you time that you can enjoy with your children or doing your daily activities, this is something that I am trying to implement myself in my routine at nights and I can tell you, it may take a little while to get use to it, I know, still to have that discipline can make our life easier. Oh, this time I am adding Turmeric, is an Indian spice which is really good to avoid inflammatory illness and very good flavour. It’s only a couple of months that for first time knew and tried Turmeric and since then, I love to include in my meals. I am not recommending to give to children although I read is safe for them. However, consult your doctor before including turmeric or turmeric related supplements in your childâs diet. Personally I prefer to wait until my son is older or when have the opportunity to ask a doctor about it. I made the soup and it was when dished that I add into my plate.
This soup in particular is easy, so can be made right in the same day to eat.
Soak the Lentils then boil them in enough water until they are tender (approximately 1:30 h)
Steam the vegetables… you can always boil the veggies together with the lentils, only add them to the pan
about 15 minutes beforeÂ the lentils are tender
Blend the Tomato, garlic clove, onion in a little bit of water, then pour the sauce into a pan using a colander
let it boil, the tender red of the sauce will change to a darker colour is when you’ll know is ready
Mix all together with the lentils. You can add the turmeric and black pepper now,
integrate all the ingredients for only for 2-5 minutes or more if you wish.
Be sure to taste the soup and season to suit your taste (my personal recommendation is if you can avoid salt is best and use only the spices). If you like things a little spicier, add some Cheyenne together with the Turmeric and Black Pepper. And dig in! Enjoy.
EASY LENTILS SOUP
- 250 gr Lentils
- 1 Chopped Courgette
- 1 Chopped Carrot
- 1 Chopped Parsnip
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 4 Tomatoes medium size
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/5 Onion
- Extra Virgin oil (optional)
- Step 1 Let the Lentils soaking overnight
- Step 2 Wash them about 3 times and boil them in enough water until tender
- Step 3 Before switching off the heat add the turmeric and black pepper
- Step 4 FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE
- Step 5 Blend the Tomatoes, garlic clove, onion with a little bit of water (1/3 cup)
- Step 6 Use a colander to pour the sauce into a pan, you don’t have to use oil although if you prefer then use Extra Virgin oil
- Step 7 Once the Sauce boil and the tomato change colour to a darker tone … pour the Lentils into the sauce and let boil only for one minute.
- Step 8 In a Steamer place the chopped vegetables and Kale
- Step 9 You can add the veggies when ready to the lentils and let them integrate together for 3 minutes or add the veggies when dishing the lentils.