I love Chiles Rellenos, and living in England, specifically Cambridgeshire where I liveÂ is not possible to find the Chile Poblano in the shops, so, I have two options, number one is to plan my meal and make an order by email to get the Poblano Chiles from London, which is of course great.. although letâs be honest, not always when I want to make Chiles Rellenos can have the time to wait,Â because one day I just wake upÂ wanting Â to make them right for that dayâ¦ soâ¦ here it comes my second option and the one that works better for me now, I found theÂ Sweet Pointed Red Peppers,Â which I tried and worked very well, not the same I have to say, although Iâm being practical and use what have in hand or,Â what housewife wouldnât do that at the end?
Get creative in the kitchen is also a must and a plus!
So,Â here I am sharing âmy versionâ for Chiles Rellenos being living in Cambridgeshire, as I said admit is not the same than the Chiles Poblanos, because this chilies are sweet, and our Mexican Chilies arenât, although also as the Chile Poblano does not always have to be spicyâ¦ here I am happy to have found the closest to the original flavour, Â if you try them you will like them for sure!.
If where you live is easy to get the Chile Poblano, donât think twice and get them!!
Okay, I wanted some Chiles Rellenos the other day, so here is what I made Â I list the ingredients and measurements for you bellow the video
CHILES RELLENOS DE QUESO / SWEET PEPPERS STUFFED WITH CHEESE
- Sweet Pointed Red Peppers Â (original Mexican recipe: Poblano Chile)
- Cheddar Cheese (original: Queso fresco, Oaxaca or Mexican Manchego cheese)
- Â½ Onion
- Vegetable Oil
- 350Â grÂ Tomato
- 1/5Â Onion
- 1 garlic cloves
- Â½ tsp salt
- 3 egg whitesÂ
- 2 Â egg yolks
- Â¼ tsp salt
- Step 1 Grill the Tomatoes, onion and garlic
- Step 2 Peal the Tomatoes
- Step 3 BlendÂ all the 3 ingredients together
- Step 4 In a Pan with hot oil put some sliced onion
- Step 5 Pour the sauce and let cook
- Step 6 When it start boiling add the Salt
- Step 7 Then put the chili into the sauce, covering it all over,Â for 2 minutes