Would you like aÂ PiÃ±a Colada in these days of summer? and what if I tell you we make a little twist to get this fabulous and so delicious Latin recipe into a Gelatina de PiÃ±a colada. I love Gelatine and the reason why is apart of their extraordinary flavour they are actually healthy. Okay, this time actually not much, as has all this sweetness and creaminess althoughâ¦ once in a while and only for some weekend; I think is okay! This Gelatine in particular is creamy, fresh, mmhh!! we loved it at home, didnât last much to tell the truth, ha! I didnât add alcohol because my son ate too, I made it for us, but you can put a little touch ofÂ rum in case youâd like, is your choice I tell you how in the recipe. Only remember if children will eat it or if someone in your family is taking any medicine is best not to use anyÂ liquor at all, and you wonât sacrifice any flavour as this gelatine is absolutely fabulous! I was wanting to use a pineapple that got ripe, it wasÂ then sweet and juicy, so, thought in this Latin recipe. You can use pineapple juice from the box too, and if you go for the natural juice like me, then you only need to boil it first, but Iâll show you that in the recipe.
Start by cleaning and cutting the pineapple
Blend in a Juicer or blender
After obtaining the juice, use a colander and pour slowly helping yourself with a spoon
Let boil in low heat for 15 mins removing some of the bubbles, let cool down
Then pour in the blender the gelatine powder and all the other ingredients together with the
Pour your gelatine into a container previously greased with vegetables oil
as that will help to get it out the mould or container
Gelatina de PiÃ±a Colada / PiÃ±a colada Gelatine
- 1 cup Pineapple juice If is from a box use 1 1/2 cups
- 13.5 fl. oz Coconut milk
- 1 tin/can Evaporated Milk
- 1 tin/can Condensed Milk
- 8 oz Soft Cheese Philidelphia brand
- 8 oz Cream
- 4 drops Yellow food colouring
- 1/2 cup Milk You can substitute for Ron in the same quantity
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 230 ml Warm water to dissolve the Unflavoured Gelatin
- Step 1 Peal and clean the pineapple, then cut it in cubes
- Step 2 Blend it until obtain a fine mix
- Step 3 Then Pour the juice into a pan, using a colander to trap any black spot from the pineapple
- Step 4 Once you finish removing with a spoon.
- Step 5 Let boil the juice for 15 minutes. Then remove the excess of bubbles that it may formed, and leave it to cool down.
- Step 6 Now put some vegetable oil in a kitchen roll napkin, and grease all the mould where you will pour the gelatine, this is to avoid the gelatine stick when you want to get it out.
- Step 7 PourÂ the gelatine powder into warm water and perfectly dissolve it. Or depending the brand and type of gelatine you can use, then just follow the instructions in the package.
- Step 8 InÂ a blender pour all the ingredients including the gelatine with no flavour (that previously you prepared) and blend only to integrate all the ingredients very well.
- Step 9 You can now pour the delicious mix to the pour previously greased and take to the fridge for at least 4 hours. I would actually recommend you to leave it there all over night. Then transfer to a plate. You can decorate with some Desiccated Coconut and pieces of pineapple. And Enjoy! Buen Provecho!
- Step 10 Recipe Notes
- Step 11 If you are in Mexico for example, use six packages of unflavoured gelatin, each package with 7 grams. Â Then you will need cold water to dissolve the gelatin, once is dehydrated warm it until is completely liquid and pour into the rest of the ingredients.